- Aug 10, 2011
- Comments Off
- 470 Views
651 days ago
Family Times Magazine meets the diverse needs of modern Minnesota families by connecting them with the tools, targeted content and a supportive community to help them navigate every stage of the often humorous, sometimes chaotic and almost always joyful life with children.
Family Times provides page-after-page of trusted advice, tested tips and must-have products to cultivate your perfect family and solve everyday dilemmas. With kids growing up faster than ever, Family Times helps parents keep their finger on the pulse of the latest parenting news & trends.
Family Times Publications was founded by Marci Mannis in February 1991 with the premiere edition of Family Times. With a starting circulation of 25,000, Family Times grew to a circulation of 50,000 in its first year, and now averages an overall circulation of 60,000 per issue. In 1993, Baby Times, a biannual publication for new and expectant parents was born. In September of 1994, a third publication was created – Senior Times, a quarterly magazine directed to the 55 plus market, now called Best of Times. Finally, Mannis added a new feature to Family Times in 1996, a special insert entitled Grandparent Times, now called Grand Times.
2008 brought new ownership – Thomas Winninger, of the Winninger Family Companies, a leader in content management, digital enterprises, consumer and business research, and market strategic planning, acquired the publishing group and renewed the commitment to provide resources and inspiring information to families and active adults with It’s Time Publications, LLC.
Utilizing the dedication and expertise of a core staff of five, our papers have grown to be one of the largest circulation family publications in the Upper Midwest, with the following:
- Locally owned and operated since 1991
- Quality publications featuring award-winning local writers and artists
- A consistent focus on our local communities, issues and resources
- Comprehensive resource guides and entertainment calendars directing readers to the best the Twin Cities has to offer
- Overall average circulation of 60,000 per issue, providing the Twin Cities’ market with one of the largest circulation parenting and 55+ publications in the Upper Midwest
- Shelf life of two to three months per issue with continually restocking at locations year round, conservatively reaching in excess of 1 million readers per year
- Distribution in Cub Foods, Blockbuster Video, healthcare facilities, restaurants, movie theaters and many more family and 55+ destinations.
- Over 1000 locations in the Twin Cities metro area, plus constant solicitation of new distribution sites, forming exclusive partnerships with key retailers
- Print publications are enhanced with an active online presence, including comprehensive resources guides, entertainment calendar, special giveaways and freebies.
- Family Times provides comprehensive parenting information through its feature stories, editorials and columns, plus a wide variety of entertainment destinations for the entire family.
- Baby Times provides essential information for new parents and parents-to-be, including prenatal class listings and resources for birth and beyond.
- Grand Times, a special section in Family Times, provides information to the emerging grandparenting market of baby boomers.